Sunday, November 16, 2014

HINDI SILA TATANDA

Warning: This review is full of shit
There are two types of people who will walk out and say positive things about the film. Those who truly appreciate its art, which I can’t mess with because they have their reasons, and those who are afraid to tell the truth because they might get mugged by a swarm of weed-smokers, meta-hipsters, critical thinkers and ultra-multiverse pretentious fucks. Well, I’m neither of them and I speak for the people who say that this shit is booooooooring!

Don’t be fooled by its teaser and cast. It’s an artsy sci-fi flick. I have tons of reasons why I hated this but what I dislike the most about it was that the characters are unlikable. They’re like the #Y kids that didn’t grow up. Thus, the title. Why should I care about these pricks? Their friendship is doomed from the start with all those predictable secrets and turns. The only reason why I could like this film is if they will die in horrible ways. Spoiler: This big climax is a metaphor for their shitty conversation earlier in the film.

The intro is promising. Makes me wanna sing Mr. Roboto. First 15 minutes were good. But when they went to Zambales, the film became a big pile of nothing. Nothing happened. You won’t learn anything. Some scenes are visually good but you won’t experience anything new. Oops… there was one. This is the darkest shit I’ve seen in my life, literally. Films I remember while seeing this film: Prometheus, Sunshine, Sitio and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the shitty 3D remake). My rating for this wet lower after I saw Violator. That film’s characters were all dark, secretive shit but at least there was something in the end. Great film. See it!
To be fair, I had a conversation with a person who actually liked the film. He told me that he liked it because the trip was realistic and that the characters where real people, real shit.

Good ensemble, super clichéd characters. You have the jerk, the comic relief, the adequate girlfriend and the goody-goody two shoes (which should have been a virgin). Kean Cipriano (Diwa Madafaka) is like James Franco. He’s better when he’s high. The erogenous Mara Lopez (Mon) and Dawn Jimenez (Andie) were just plot devices. I can slightly relate to Ketchup Eusebio’s character but I can’t see why he still hangs with them. Move on, dude! The side characters are irritating, especially the weirdo hipster childish dude. Spoilers: One of the characters went missing and the judge didn’t even tell the gang that the bald dude is an alien shit! Lastly, how can the alien shit make holograms or morphs of the two dudes while he’s busy fucking Andie? And not notice Diwa who’s eavesdropping, and probably jerking-off, later in the film? Shit is ridiculous.

It’s not about seeing, it’s all about sleeping. Hindi Sila Tatanda is a snoozefest of filter scenes and rehashed elements from horror films mixed with alien shit.

Tama na yang burgis-burgisan na ‘yan.
ROTTEN ALIEN EGG SHIT 1/5!

This is the so-called art film that I remember while watching this.

You can follow me @ https://twitter.com/emiLegendary | http://erevs.wordpress.com | http://emzreviews.tumblr.com  or add me on FB @ https://www.facebook.com/emilegendary if you enjoy the review. Thanks for reading! J